The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with "updating apache"

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ljwhite, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljwhite

ljwhite Well-Known Member

Yesterday when i login whm, i saw a red warning at the top of whm, it is said:
    You are running an insecure Apache setup. You should run
    /scripts/easyapache or if you are running cPanel 7.1.9 or later (click
    here) to upgrade to a newer version as soon as possible to avoid your
    system being compromised.

Then my friend help me to recompiled apache. After this, the red warning is gone. But now we got this message in whm:
    Important Notice: Incompatible versions of Mysql 4.0.x and NPTL based systems.
    If you are running a newer linux system which is NPTL based (CentOS 4, Fedora 3+, RHE 4, etc) and are having problems with MySQL 4.0.x (versions later then 4.0.23*), we recommend upgrading to MySQL 4.1.x as we have determined that there are compatibility issues on these platforms. You can easily upgrade to 4.1.x by changing the Mysql Version in Tweak Settings
    If you are worried about compatibility with MySQL 4.0, be sure to check the box labeled: Use old style (4.0) passwords with mySQL 4.1. in Tweak Settings.
    If you are unsure if your system is NPTL based, run getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION at the command line and see if it displays NPTL.
    * 4.0.23 does not have any known issues, but is subject to security vulnerabilities: http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-1516, http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-1517
    Severity:

And now we find some problems. i.e.
    1. when we click the login button of typo3(one script installed on our site), the page is gone. It seems we can not run certain scripts.
    2. we can not visit www.mydomain.com/oscommerce, but it is funny when i set the username/password to protect it using "password protect directories" in cpanel, it can work. After i remove the username/password, it still can work.

What is the problem? What shall i do? Many thanks in advance.

2. softwareguy

softwareguy Member

In my own opinion, I am actually kind of scared of easyapache since it always messes up in some point. I currently run the CURRENT builds of cPanel but it seems that the eariler CURRENT builds give me compiler errors when compiling Apache. <114. Does this apply to you?
    So what exactly is not working right now?

3. ljwhite

The below message is from my friend. He helped me with this issue yesterday.

Since we have a more recent version of CPanel. I have run the "click here" link instead of the SSH option. It takes me to a build window.
    This build window is a bit tricky (I've played around with it a bit last year) so I've run the recompile myself.

If you need to recompile apache again you should always check to use the "load previous configuration" otherwise it sets itself to the defaults which don't work as well.

The build is still happening now so you may see some downtime. I'll email you when its done.

Now i have this problem:I try to login my webmail http://www.maxsource.net. But i got the below error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _() in /home/max/public_html/mail/config/registry.php on line 90

You can view source code from attachment.

Attached Files:

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You already have a thread open for the webmail issue: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=53372

Cross-posting causes problems as you'll possibly get people posting different responses to different threads and that's hardly the best organised or most clear way of dealing with things.

Try sticking to one thread for each specific issue! It'll be easier to keep track of things (and moderators don't like cross-posting).

5. ljwhite

Sorry for this. And thanks for your reminder. I will not do that.

6. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

No need to apologise! I don't personally mind, but moderators do.

7. ljwhite

ok, i see, thanks anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.