Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with uploading stylesheets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter J, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Peter J

Peter J Registered

Feb 24, 2018
    Chesterfield, UK
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Not sure if anyone can help, but I'm trying to upload my simple website via cPanel and I have problems...
    Inside my computer, the pages of my site all show up in nice fonts with the right coloured backgrounds, exactly as I want them.
    When I upload these exact files (which have a Chrome logo) they appear as simple html on the Internet.

As part of my attempt to investigate this, I downloaded a 'Simple Style' template onto my computer. When I opened it, that too was just showing up in html.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

This type of question is typically better asked on a forum dedicated to website design questions. However, to quickly rule out any common issues, check the following:

1. Your website files were uploaded to the public_html directory (or whatever you have configured as the document root).
    2. The website files include valid extensions in the filename (e.g. 123.html).
    3. The HTML code utilizes the correct paths to the images or style sheets (e.g. /home/$username/public_html/123.jpg instead of "/local/computer/123.jpg).

Thank you.