Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with WHM API Let's Encrypt

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Pedro Henrique dos Santos, Sep 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pedro Henrique dos Santos

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Currently I installed the let's Encrypt plugin on my cpanel server, but the installation was done when the hostname had a default, but at this point I changed the hostname and is now presenting the error

[SELF-TEST] Has valid license ............ SUCCESS.
    [SELF-TEST] Can read config ............ SUCCESS.
    [SELF-TEST] Can connect to Let's Encrypt ............ SUCCESS.
    [SELF-TEST] Can talk to WHM API ............ FAILED: Get https://myhostname.com:2087/json-api/listaccts?api.version=1: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority.
    [SELF-TEST] Can talk to RPC plugin ............ SUCCESS.

Would there be any way to update let's encrypt settings to recognize the new hostname without having to re-install it?

Thank you

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You'll need to use cPanel-signed (Comodo) as your AutoSSL provider if you want to take advantage of the free SSL certificates for the server's hostname. You could temporary switch your AutoSSL provider in "WHM >> Manage AutoSSL" and then follow the instructions on the following document to update your server's hostname certificate:

Free cPanel-Signed Hostname Certificate - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.