The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with WHMautopilot

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by psw1, Sep 7, 2004.

1. psw1

psw1 Active Member

I spent several months trying to sort out which billing system I should purchase. I ended up with WHMautopilot and really was happy with my decision UNTIL I started to actually implement it.

It has NO upport for State or local tax. None! Nada!

I live in Washington State and am required to tax all sales to Washington residents.

They say the new version 3.o will have tax ability but there is no published time frame for the release..

Anyone else get stuck in this? If so, how did you solve it?

Do the other major contenders have similar problems or gotcha's?

Happy Hosting!

2. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

I wasnt aware the United States Government or State Policies require taxes on any Internet born products. If it's something you require ModernBill does provie taxable products. But i don't believe it's on a state by state basis. So if you wanted to charge taxes to just Washington D.C. residents you couldn't, you would need to charge everyone in the United States taxes.

P.S they have been working on 3.0 for a long time now. I wouldn't even have a clue as to why it would be released :)

3. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We are in Washington state also and you might want to check with the Dept. of Revenue as not all Internet services are taxable. All sales though are subject to B&O tax.

4. psw1

psw1 Active Member

Washington State Sales Tax

They told me that everything I sold, hosting and development, were subject to tax.

What is it that you don't charge tax on?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Either way, WHMautopilot can't help it seems...

5. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Might be time to ask for a letter ruling from DOR. We provide hosting primarily and have not been charging sales tax but have been paying B&O on those transactions.

6. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

I myself have been using WHM AP and the V3 should soon be available. But I would have to say you would have to pay the taxes on the purchase yourself. State in your terms of service that 'certian' states have to pay taxes, and that it will be integrated into purchases at a later date.

Currently pay the taxes yourself, then when you have the ablility to integrate the taxes those clients in the 'certian' states will have to re-new their payments to include the taxes. BE SURE TO STATE THE CHANGES IN THE TOS and tell your clients that you have revised the TOS, and to ensure that they understand the coming changes.

That is just my opinion though.

7. AlphaWebspace

AlphaWebspace Well-Known Member

Version 3 looks very nice

http://whmautopilot.com/2004_v3

You can view a non live demo.

Although the latest versions of whmautopilot there are alot of bugs.
    I think with version3 they will be doing some serious testing before releasing it.