Problems backing up...alternative

devGOD

Oct 18, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Ok, i'm moving servers and i have a large community site that keeps failing during the move process.

My last option is to just Tar the /home/SITE folder and use the fullbackup i created in WHM for that site. Which would create the account and restore all the mysql stuff....

my question is what shell command would i user to tar all files/folders with chmod and chown kept in tack..?

devGOD

Oct 18, 2003
Atlanta, GA
ok this is taking way to long... my site is. 7.7g is there a way to make the tar not compress the data and just backup everything up?

streigh

Dec 5, 2006
ok this is taking way to long... my site is. 7.7g is there a way to make the tar not compress the data and just backup everything up?
The z is for compression - don't use z and you wont be compressing

If you want a headache - type tar --help:eek:
I believe the term is "information overload"

Now - is anyone aware of something that will provide as complete a possible a backup of a virtual host, with an FTP server being on the receiving end of that backup?

I want the ability to have the server re-provisioned, setup my backup solution and restore all configuration, accounts, settings logs and data.

The thing has to exist - but my searches keep getting overloaded by the number of FTP clients and backups that aren't what I'm looking for.

Last edited: