The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems Changing Name Server settings at Registrar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x0v0x, Apr 2, 2005.

1. x0v0x

x0v0x Member

I have my IP address w/ corresponding url and can access both secure and normal WHM and CPanels.

But I am unable to change my DNS w/ registrar.
    I have entered the straight IPs, have used the urls ie NS1.mydomain.com NS2.mydomain.com DNS1.mydomain.com DNS1.mydomain.com NameServer1.mydomain.com NameServer2.mydomain.com
    even tried the IP addresses w/ NS1. in addition to the other prefixes above.

I keep getting an "Unavailable Error" message when I try to establish the new DNS when using the domain that was used for purposes of setting up the server. I am totally comfortable in making DNS changes, but my IP and the url that I'm using for cPanel, aren't being accepted. What am I missing??

2. x0v0x

x0v0x Member

I had a webmaster friend take a look at my WHM, and he said that it was sparse, "and he'd never seen anything like it before." Dedicated Server/WHM Lesson#1: Make sure that the guy who did the setup and who you are splitting the server with, gives you your controls. All of my problems and difficulties are a result of not being given the proper controls. It's been a kick spinning my wheels and jumping through hoops_ solitaire w/ half the cards missing. Needless to say, I have some feelings that I would like to express, after going in circles for the good part of the day, but will refrain.

#2 x0v0x, Apr 2, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  3. bhd

bhd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you are getting an "Unavailable Error" at the registrar that's exactly what it means - the names servers are not available/not reachable not working. Have you set them up??