The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems copying account from another server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by randynov, Dec 3, 2003.

1. randynov

randynov Registered

Any help or suggestions anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to move my WHM reseller account from one host to another. The old host is completely unhelpful and uncommunicative, so I have to find a way to do this without them. There is no SSH access either. Currently, I'm getting the below error (as reported by the new host) when they try to transfer the account.

Are there any suggestions on how to resolve this? Any alternatives? What about just copying the account as a CPanel account, then making that into a reseller / WHM account and moving the other sites under that one as sub-accounts (I read that somewhere here)? What will I lose if I try to transfer as a CPanel account? What about a backup / restore?

Thanks in advance,
    Randy

-- ERROR --
    Packing Account using suexec method
    /tmp/cpmove-sermo exists, please remove it and try again
    DOWNLOAD READY in /tmp/cpmove-sermo.tar.gz
    Downloading Tarball
    --00:00:12-- http://69.61.1.8/~sermo/cgi-bin/cpdownload/cpaneldownacct.cgi?sermo
    => `cpmove-sermo.tmp'
    Connecting to 69.61.1.8:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: unspecified [application/x-tar]
    Removing Scripts using suexec method
    UNLINKED
    Checksum Failure [[d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e]] [[]]...trace information follows...
    /tmp/cpmove-sermo exists, please remove it and try again
    DOWNLOAD READY in /tmp/cpmove-sermo.tar.gz
    Error while copying account...! Aborting Extraction.

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For these types of transfer problems, the quickest method I can suggest is to do a site backup through Cpanel (save it to 'Home' dir.) and download the file. Once it is uncompressed the 'homedir' will be the most useful as it contains the "Account Root" files. These can then be uploaded to the new account.

You'll need to first create the account before uploadind and watch for inconsistancies between username & passwords -- old account to new account.

Easiest to do the Reseller account first, make it a Reseller after creating, then upload their sub-accoounts and give the Reseller ownership of them.

3. randynov

randynov Registered

Thanks for the info, I'm trying that now. Do you have any idea as to how that error occurs? The new host said it happened the first and second time they tried and the old host says those files don't exist. I can't check as I don't have SSH access.

4. yuga

yuga Active Member

I encountered the same errors while transferring accounts from my Reseller to my new dedicated server.

Sometimes, I get 3 same errors doing the COPY and then get a successful one on the 4th try.

However, some accounts are just giving our the problems persistently.

5. yuga

yuga Active Member

Just found a solution now.

SSH to the old account and look into the /tmp. You will see there a file cpmove-username.tar.gz - delete that one.

Check the space quota of your specific account. If it's using more than 50% of it's disk space, upgrade it to a bigger one. the Tarball file uses up space and if the account quota could not accomodate it, it will become corrupt, thus the Checksum Error.

Do the WHM copy. It should run smoothly. (Downgrade the account to it;s original package.)