The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems customer is finding

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sharq00, May 30, 2009.

1. sharq00

sharq00 Registered

My customer wanted their emails into Outlook, fine no problem. Then they wanted to be able to retrieve from other computers where the outlook was not, fine no problem, they were forwarded. Now they tell me that when they send out emails form this other mail box (G-Mail) it is showing "on behalf of" with their private emails attached to the message. I have never come across this before. S it a G-Mail setting that has to be changed, is it a C-Panel glitch. How does one fix this problem?

Thanks for any and all help.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like a gmail anti-spam setting that you probably cannot remove. If you have gmail sending email out as another domain they want to make sure that it can easily be tracked to their account.

1) Why not use IMAP in outlook + webmail for remote access?

2) Use google apps for email, I *think* that will fix it.

3. sharq00

sharq00 Registered

Thanks, they do not like the "looks" of the web-mail. They are use to Google and I guess do not wish to get comfortable with anything else.

Google Apps is a costing item, so it will cost them more to use it, but they may have to pay the price!

4. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may try asking them to try roundcube just to make sure they do not like it. They like gmail which is webmail ;) Sounds like they are just set in their ways and don't want to change.

The issue you are having is related to gmail, since that is how they are sending the mail. I do not know if you can fix it from the gmail side or not - I am guessing not since they do have a commercial product to solve the problem. It might be worth checking out the gmail FAQ/online info.