Problems on System Email

CoreXL

Registered
Jun 26, 2021
Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello good evening, I am having a problem on my server and it is that the emails related to the system are not arriving correctly, since the email address does not appear.
Currently I use sendgrid's SMTP Relay and all the emails from the accounts that are on the server work perfectly.

The only fault I see is that all the emails that are related to the system, such as updates, execution of cron tasks, etc., do not reach the email that I have set as a receiver.

I was looking at the activities of the emails and they appear like this:

To[email protected]
From[email protected]
Subjectlfd on testsaur: blocked 120.92.139.183 (-)

If you look at it, the email you send does not show the full address of the hostname which should be: [email protected]
I deduce that the emails are not reaching me because the address does not appear complete.

How can I correct this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! That's definitely odd, as mine show as the full [email protected] address when I check the mail delivery reports. If you check that page in WHM, does it show the full hostname listed there? Is it possible your hostname has reset at some point? If you just enter "hostname" into an SSH prompt it will return what the operating system thinks the current hostname is set to.

CoreXL

Registered
Jun 26, 2021
Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! That's definitely odd, as mine show as the full [email protected] address when I check the mail delivery reports. If you check that page in WHM, does it show the full hostname listed there? Is it possible your hostname has reset at some point? If you just enter "hostname" into an SSH prompt it will return what the operating system thinks the current hostname is set to.
Hello, indeed in the Mail Delivery Reports, the full email address does not appear, it appears only as I mentioned it at the beginning of the thread.
It looks like this: [email protected]

This has never happened to me before.

I have executed the command to know the hostname I had and it appears like this:
Code:
hostnamectl status
The result was the following:

Code:
[[email protected] ~]# hostnamectl status
Static hostname: testsaur
So I went to look at the configuration inside WHM - Change Hostname

1624933323854.png

And it appears to me like this, however I have given the Change again, and then I have rerun the hostnamectl status command and this is the result:

Code:
[[email protected] ~]# hostnamectl status
Static hostname: testsaur.privatedomain.com

Now I have gone back to the Mail Delivery Reports and the full email address appears: [email protected]
But I get the following error:
root cannot accept local mail deliveries

1624933948556.png

Thanks in advance.

CoreXL

Registered
Jun 26, 2021
Uruguay
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello, at the moment I think it already works: root cannot accept local mail deliveries

I have added a full email address in:
Code:
cat /etc/localaliases
cat /root/.forward