Problems receiving email from some servers

arthurfrancioni

Registered
Apr 9, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello guys,
I am having problems receiving email from some servers.
If I send email from my server to other servers, they receive correctly but when they send to my server, I do not receive.
Realized tests of transmission gmail and hotmail to my server and is receiving correctly.
I checked if the domains are involved in some blacklist, but it's all right.

Configured cPanel / WHM on a VPS Digital ocean, everything is working perfectly, the only problem is the e-mail.

For test, I created a new account with a new domain, to my surprise, everything is working with this account.

Note: When I installed cpanel / whm in my server, I used the domain that the email is not working to set the hostname.

Anyone have any suggestions for settings?

Appreciate the cooperation.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please make sure the hostname of your server is updated to meet these requirements:

It is important to choose a hostname that you will not be using for any account. You should choose something that will be socially acceptable, as it will appear in all mail headers. Your hostname must be a FQDN. In english, A hostname should consist of a name and a domain name. All valid hostnames should have 2 dots in them. Hostnames should never begin with "www". Hostnames should also not begin with a digit, nor end with a hyphen ("-").
Search /var/log/exim_mainlog and /var/log/exim_rejectlog using "grep" or "exigrep" for the domain name that is unable to send email to your server. Look to see if there are any specific rejection messages. EX:

Code:
exigrep domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
Thank you.