The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems receiving email from some servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by arthurfrancioni, Apr 9, 2014.

1. arthurfrancioni

arthurfrancioni Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello guys,
    I am having problems receiving email from some servers.
    If I send email from my server to other servers, they receive correctly but when they send to my server, I do not receive.
    Realized tests of transmission gmail and hotmail to my server and is receiving correctly.
    I checked if the domains are involved in some blacklist, but it's all right.

Configured cPanel / WHM on a VPS Digital ocean, everything is working perfectly, the only problem is the e-mail.

For test, I created a new account with a new domain, to my surprise, everything is working with this account.

Note: When I installed cpanel / whm in my server, I used the domain that the email is not working to set the hostname.

Anyone have any suggestions for settings?

Appreciate the cooperation.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please make sure the hostname of your server is updated to meet these requirements:

Search /var/log/exim_mainlog and /var/log/exim_rejectlog using "grep" or "exigrep" for the domain name that is unable to send email to your server. Look to see if there are any specific rejection messages. EX:

Code:
    exigrep domain /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Thank you.