The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems recieving mail for root

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by kerosin, Jan 29, 2004.

1. kerosin

kerosin Well-Known Member

I have problems with recieving mail for root (I did set forwarding of root's mail to my address in WHM and also did check it later in the .forward file) - I'm not getting regulary any outputs of cron jobs (especially /scripts/upcp) . Nothing special you say, but what realy suprises me is that I occasionally(once a month for job which runs daily) GET mail for root (like output of /scripts/upcp) and even more often I get it in this rather strange form:

message couldn't be delivered to root so it was delivered back to root - rather strange.

Does somebody has similiar expirience?

Thaks guys

P.S. Only mail what I get regualary is 'Logwatch'.

P.P.S : I use last Release version of Whm/Cpanel

2. Dr. Bogger

Dr. Bogger Well-Known Member

I had this same problem and i couldent figure out what was wrong for about a month, but then i figured it out by mistake.

My hostname's A entry was set to the wrong nameservers.

---------------------------------------------------

Discription of what was wrong:

for ex. My hostname is x1.securesite1.net and my normal nameservers i use are ns1/ns2.hostmeg.com. the problem was my hostname domain name's nameservers are ns1/ns2.securesite1.net but in the A entry they were set to ns1/ns2.hostmeg.com.

---------------------------------------------------

How to Fix It:

Make sure you have the nameserver options in the A entry match the nameservers in your hostname's domain name. :)