Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Problems restoring email backup

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Luiz Guilherme, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I did the transfer of the emails from the Cpanel that I had in the hostgator to godaddy via FTP, I saw in some forums that people had gotten without problems, but when doing the restoration on my new Godaddy server I get this problem when loading the webmail:
    Code:
    Erro no Servidor: STATUS: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2018-09-24 15:41:39] (0.136 + 0.000 + 0.135 secs).

A fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive. [close]

Template::Exception:
        [TYPE]=[undef]
        [INFO]=[Mailboxes::get_mailbox_status_list(HASH(0x32ed9b8)) failed: “/usr/bin/doveadm” relatou o código de erro “75” quando foi encerrado: doveadm([email protected]): Error: opendir(/home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(gipni555gy05) egid=501(gipni555gy05) missing +r perm: /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur, we're not in group 687)
    doveadm([email protected]): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to lookup mailbox status: opendir(/home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(gipni555gy05) egid=501(gipni555gy05) missing +r perm: /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur, we're not in group 687)
    ]
        [TEXT]=[]
     at cpanel.pl line 1030.
        cpanel::cpanel::cptt_exectag("/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/mail/manage_dis"..., 1) called at cpanel.pl line 4290
        cpanel::cpanel::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 844
        cpanel::cpanel::script("cpanel::cpanel", "-webmail", "./webmail/paper_lantern/mail/manage_disk_usage/index.html.tt") called at cpanel.pl line 271

Please guys i need a help, i have 47GB of emails that i need to restore back to my webmail ( now on godaddy )

#1 Luiz Guilherme, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @Luiz Guilherme

Based on the error you're supplying:
    Code:
        [INFO]=[Mailboxes::get_mailbox_status_list(HASH(0x32ed9b8)) failed: “/usr/bin/doveadm” relatou o código de erro “75” quando foi encerrado: doveadm([email protected]): Error: opendir(/home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(gipni555gy05) egid=501(gipni555gy05) missing +r perm: /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur, we're not in group 687)
    doveadm([email protected]): Error: Mailbox INBOX: Failed to lookup mailbox status: opendir(/home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(gipni555gy05) egid=501(gipni555gy05) missing +r perm: /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur, we're not in group 687)
    ]
    Specifically:

Code:
    opendir(/home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur) failed: Permission denied (euid=501(gipni555gy05) egid=501(gipni555gy05) missing +r perm: 
    It seems to be a permissions error - what are the permissions of /home/gipni555gy05/mail/selection.net.br/marcelo/cur

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @cPanelLauren ,

Thank you for answering my topic.
    I'm sorry, I do not know much about the system but if I can understand how I do it, I think I can do it. How do I see permissions for this folder? Which permission should I configure?

4. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I found that on my WHM:

i.gyazo.com/3ce591462a8915e6e5f072a8ce9d7350.png

says:
    Code:
    Rebuild Mail Databases and Fix Permissions
    Checking mx configuration for example.domain.br (gipni555gy05)...[auto]...Done
    Checking mx configuration for example.domain.com.br (gipni555gy05)...[auto]...Done
    Checking mx configuration for example.net.br (gipni555gy05)...[auto]...Done
    Checking mx configuration for example.domain.com.br (gipni555gy05)...[auto]...Done
    Checking mx configuration for example.com.br (gipni555gy05)...[local]...Done
    Unable to fix ownership on /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur: currently (689:687), should be (501:501)
    Unable to fix ownership on /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.com.br/fabio/cur/1307478528.H269018P3626.br48.hostgator.com.br,S=42551:2,S: currently (689:687), should be (501:501)

Complete!

I do not know if this tool is what I needed to do but it says it failed to correct just the folder you quoted that needed permission..and now what should I do?

#4 Luiz Guilherme, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2018
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Luiz Guilherme

You'll need to change the ownership of the directory/files to match your current user/ownership. Can you run the following:

Code:
    stat /home/gipni555gy05/mail/example.net.br/marcelo/cur
    as well as the same command on /home/$user

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @cPanelLauren . So i need to do this comand on SSH?

I did not understand which owner I should change...have to be?

#6 Luiz Guilherme, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2018
  7. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Luiz Guilherme

Yes, you'll need to run the commands over SSH.

Your ownership or UID/GID of the account will not be your email address it will be a username assigned to your hosting account.

Thanks!

8. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks @cPanelLauren , so i guess my username is [removed], like on this pic on my WHM: [removed]

9. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Luiz Guilherme

Please add attachments directly to the thread and please don't link to external sources, we've removed the external link. With that being said yes that is your username. My assumption would be that your username for the folder/data within needs to be changed to match your new username.

Code:
    chown -R $username:$username /home/$username/mail/example.net.br/
    Just replace any instances of $username with your actual username.

10. Luiz Guilherme

Luiz Guilherme Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you @cPanelLauren , it's working but the webmail is being so slow to load the emails, what i can do to try fix it?

11. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Luiz Guilherme

That would depend on why it's being slow. When you load the inbox do you see any errors logged to the maillog? You can find it at
    Code:
    /var/log/maillog
    Any output relevant to the issue would be helpful.

Thanks!