Problems using MS Outlook 2003 SP3 and Horde/cPanel Mail

Sententia

Registered
Aug 22, 2007
I've been through the setup (auto config) several times; however, I continue to receive this nasty little message. Needless to say my email is not working via MS Outlook. Has anyone run into this problem? What do I do?

message received reads as follows:

Task 'HLA - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?????

I just tried setting up and using outlook express, I'm receiving a similar message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.hla-inc.net', Server: 'mail.hla-inc.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 2482 octets follow.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Last edited:

jandafields

May 6, 2004
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I think I recall seeing something about the auto-config being broken on one of the recent releases. Try setting up your connection manually in outlook or outlook express.

searcher1

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
The bad thing about Outlook is that entries are literally manual (as in no paste and copy will work). Setting up new accounts (well in 2007) mean every bit of the entries need to be done manually. A bit of a shame the registry entries don't appear to work from Cpanel. Is there an expected fix for this expected sometime ever?
Michael

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Due to the changes Microsoft made to Outlook, the Auto Configuration option will only ever work with Outlook 2000. Newer versions of Outlook require manual configuration.