The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems using MS Outlook 2003 SP3 and Horde/cPanel Mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Sententia, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Sententia

Sententia Registered

I've been through the setup (auto config) several times; however, I continue to receive this nasty little message. Needless to say my email is not working via MS Outlook. Has anyone run into this problem? What do I do?

message received reads as follows:

Task 'HLA - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ?????

I just tried setting up and using outlook express, I'm receiving a similar message:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.hla-inc.net', Server: 'mail.hla-inc.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 2482 octets follow.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

#1 Sententia, Aug 27, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think I recall seeing something about the auto-config being broken on one of the recent releases. Try setting up your connection manually in outlook or outlook express.

3. searcher1

searcher1 Active Member

The bad thing about Outlook is that entries are literally manual (as in no paste and copy will work). Setting up new accounts (well in 2007) mean every bit of the entries need to be done manually. A bit of a shame the registry entries don't appear to work from Cpanel. Is there an expected fix for this expected sometime ever?
    Michael

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Due to the changes Microsoft made to Outlook, the Auto Configuration option will only ever work with Outlook 2000. Newer versions of Outlook require manual configuration.