Problems when restoring accounts

DBJoshua

Jun 7, 2007
I am currently getting this error everytime I'm trying to restore backups :

Copying skel files from /root/cpanel3-skel/ to /home/username......Done

safe_userchgid: chown: /home/username/public_html: Permission denied at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits.pm line 76. Cpanel::SafetyBits::safe_userchgid(32544, 99, '/home/username/public_html') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 716 Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct('plan', 'moved', 'maxpark', 0, 'hasshell', 'n', 'maxlst', 0, ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1382 Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount('plan', 'moved', 'maxpark', 0, 'password', 'HIDDEN', 'hasshell', 0, ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 1519 main::restorecpmove('user', 'username', 'file', 'username.tar.gz', 'extractname', 'username', 'dir', '/root/cprestore', ...) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 10932 main::quickrestore() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 182

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Adding Entries to httpd.conf......Done

Setting up Mail & Local Domains......Done

--------------

I am on CentOS 4.5 / Current. I've already tried upcp --force (and variations of the tree)

saqur

Oct 10, 2008
Hi everybody,

I have the same problem with some backups (not all) when I try to restore. at the same line, the same error!

Account directory created and everythings looks OK but when I load File manager I see this error "No records Found"

rachelm

Verifed Vendor
Jan 26, 2005
what is the result of

perl -v

if it's anything less than 5.8.8 then you need to update perl, that's usually the cause of that error

saqur

Oct 10, 2008
Thank you
But the perl is updated and current version is 5.8.8

"This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux

Copyright 1987-2006, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on
this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl". If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page."

Any idea?!!

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Did you check the permissions and ownership of /home/user and /home/user/public_html, including the files contained therein?

saqur

Oct 10, 2008
yes, I checked the permissions but they are incorrect. I changed them az other accounts, but only the error changed at File manager: No file!!