The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Bandwidth Monitoring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bearcat, Jun 9, 2005.

1. bearcat

bearcat Member

Starting exactly with the month of June, my bandwidth on a dedicated server jumped by over 50 percent. These high figures are reflected in both my dedicated host's monitoring and an installed server mrtg, but NOT reflected in cPanels Bandwidth Usage Charts or in advertiser statistics for the site that should be pulling all the bandwidth. Both of the latter show me getting about the same bandwidth or usage in June as I did in May.

It seems very unlikely to me that I am actually using this additional bandwidth, and I'm sure something is wrong somewhere. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

I have a related question. How often does the cPanel Bandwidth Usage Chart update?

3. sycko

sycko Registered

I think cpanel only counts the transfer though the public_html (www) folder. Any shells using lots of bandwith though file transfers in other folders probably wont be calculated by cpanel.

4. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

How it is possible that cPanel is showing more bandwidth than WHM?

5. vishwas

vishwas Well-Known Member

Yeah actually bandwidth resets 1st day of the every month , and m also having same problem its showing me two diff value in WHM and Cpanel. I tried fixquota still no change. and having same problem in ensim as well.

Any help will be appreciable

6. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

I've posted couple questions about that but nothing was replyed. I think I'll submit a ticket to cpanel support.