The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Change Site's IP Address command and Addon Domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by elenlace, Jan 7, 2004.

1. elenlace

elenlace Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems when using the Change Site's IP Address command in WHM on a domain that has addon domains on top of it.

I tried it yesterday for several domains and the problem was that the IP indeed changed but all the addon domains were switched to parked.

That was a major issue as instead of showing the addon domain's particular site all the domains were showing the main site. We had to manually unpark the domains and add them again using Addon Domains on each particular CPanel.

Has anyone found a solution?

My specs: WHM 8.5.1, Cpanel 8.5.3-S3, WHM X Skin 2.1.1

Warmest Regards,

elenlace

2. myusername

myusername Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    This has been a problem for quite some time, and it is real fun trying to fix all the lost addon domains.

I had to switch the site back to the original IP and then re-add the addon Domains.

I submitted a bug report and help request about 3 months ago and they said to the likes of:

"This seems to be a bug in cPanel. We will look into it"

Apparently the fix has never come to be.

3. tutt

tutt Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I am experiencing this issue too.. any suggestions???

4. tutt

tutt Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

SOLVED

I know what it does. When you have an add-on domain, cPanel sets up a separate virtual host container for the subdomain it is associated with and it adds the add-on domain as a "ServerAlias" under each of these vhosts. When you change the IP, cpanel instead places the ServerAlias under the main domain's virtual host entry in error. This makes cPanel think the domains are parked instead of add-ons. You can remove the ServerAlias line from the main domain's vhost entry and add "ServerAlias domain.com *.domain.com" instead to the subdomain associated with it's vhost entry in httpd.conf.

5. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

I wonder if cpanel knows bout this fix ;)

6. l3ean

l3ean Registered

Same Features Different Problem

Apparently when I add a new domain period OR change a sites ip address (or anything to do with whm editing the httpd.conf file) It doesn't edit it right. I have NameVirtualHost Parameters all over the place for the same ip with the same virtualhosts all over the place just different edited versions by whm. Whm is NOT doing what its suppose to do when it comes to httpd.conf file of apache. I have to manually fix this everytime one of my 50 clients adds a domain or I change or add an account. This means that daily i have to go into httpd.conf and see if anyone has changed anything. This is a Pain. PLEASE CPANEL.NET FIX THIS in your next RELEASE update (and stable for that matter). Not just my server either. Here is an exerpt from one of my client's dedicated servers (btw we're on hostdime)
    Now tell me what's wrong with that picture ........... ;)

#6 l3ean, Nov 23, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2004