The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tapan, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am having a VPS with CPanel/WHM. Now recently the server started going down and i also started getting mails from Service Monitor that services have failed and have been restarted.

I asked the techs and they say that it happens due to high load etc. But the fact is that my server has no load which is confirmed by the tech. Its just using 0.12 of total 100% according to him. Anyways..he says that i should ignore the mails i get and also i have registered with siteuptime (website monitoting service)...and tech also said that sometimes siteuptime also gives false positives.

Anyways i am showing you the email i got and what my tech has said about them. I need all your experts opinions..please help me clarify or if there is any problem at my end then please tell me how to fix it. I don't mess with the settings much only do what is required for example a customer required the GD Library i asked and then updated apache from WHM which is workign fine.

Below are the details:

apache failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:35:25 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    cppop failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:35:25 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    cpsrvd failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:35:25 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    eximstats failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:35:25 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    ftpd failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:35:25 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly.
    exim failed @ Tue Jun 21 07:10:59 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly

then tech said:

It is very strange that all your services except one would fail at percicely the same time. It is more likely than anything that this is a false-positive. We are not your server administrators, therefore it is your responsibility to maintain the services that run on your machine. We have looked into this matter for you and have found nothing wrong. Everything is running fine and is consuming a low amount of resources. I suggest waiting for a future event if any, and then reporting those results to us. Dont always trust what your computer says ;)
    ============================================

Now please tell me what should i do in this case ?

Thanks.

2. mac8923

mac8923 Member

Restart

I would have thought if you had restarted your server you may have got those emails. That in my mind would be the only cause of them all to go down at the same time..