The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with cron daemon module

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ender Bonnet, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Ender Bonnet

Ender Bonnet Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good afternoon,

I am new to the forum and I was looking if there was any solution to the error is presenting the cron daemon module in my case but I did not succeed, so try to explain my case.

cPanel Version: 11.52.0 (build 17)

Every day the system issues error mails like this:

Example 1:

Subject: Cron <bvb@stark> php -q /home/bvb/public_html/clientes/pipe/pop.php > /dev/null
    Content:
    invalid 337-sec old lock file /home/virtfs/_lock/501 created by an unknown process was not cleaned up (removing)

Example 2:

Subject: Cron <bvb@stark> php -q /home/bvb/public_html/clientes/pipe/pop.php > /dev/null
    Content:
    invalid 186-sec old lock file /home/virtfs/_lock/501 created by an unknown process was not cleaned up (removing)

Example 3:

Content:
    attempt to lock file /home/virtfs/_lock/501 timed out after 25 attempts; lock still held by pid 29042
    Could not create lock file: /home/virtfs/_lock/501

Every day about 10 or 20 emails like someone has gone through something like this?

The support recommended I upgrade to a version that does not have this defect, but in this case I can suggest some specific version?

Grateful for your support.

Remember that my native language is Spanish, I am using a translator to write.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

We do have an internal case (FB-90853) open to address a similar issue. Could you verify how often this cron job is running?

Thank you.