Problems with deleting mail accounts.

Jinovich

Mar 16, 2008
Okay so noticed this on one of the cpanel accounts on my server.

Lets call the domain name: xyz.com
and the IP it is on is: 1.2.3.4

When listing the mail accounts within cpanel I get.

I get, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] etc etc

but then it is followed by,

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

I am not sure how this has happened, it doesn't create like a http1.2.3.4 when I add an account just something weird that happened.

Problem is I can't delete these accounts as I get "Sorry, you do not have access to the domain http67.228.105.106"

So erm any magic scripts I could run or files I could edit to remove these?

I have also moved server so diff server ip to 1.2.3.4 yet these accounts still exist.

Also I have tried fixing mailbox permissions

Last edited:

9techs

Oct 10, 2009
Please try following scripts at shell prompt

/scripts/mailperm
/scripts/mailtroubleshoot
/ scripts /fixcommonproblems

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
It sounds like a domain was added in the past with a possible typographical error, even if inadvertently. There is a good chance it could be resolved without much difficulty.

Is the the erroneous domain in question listed on any other pages in cPanel while logged-in as the affected user account? For example, is it listed on the Sub-domains page, Parked domains page, or the Add-on domains page?

If the domain is listed on one of the aforementioned pages, a possible solution would be to attempt removal via cPanel.

The following documentation may also be of help, detailing the applicable domain addition and removal features within cPanel:
cPanel Domains Section
Subdomains
Parked Domains
Addon Domains

If there is difficulty with removing the erroneous entry please submit a ticket for this issue; the link in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission. Upon submission, please also PM me your ticket number so I may follow-up with it internally.

Last edited:

Jinovich

Mar 16, 2008
There are no entries for add on, sub or parked domains.

I can't use the ticket system as these are softlayer servers with softlayers whm license.