The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with E-xim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jeanjmiguel, Nov 5, 2013.

1. jeanjmiguel

jeanjmiguel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Good Afternoon,

I do not know if I'm in the right place, however not found anything similar to my problem.
    What is happening is that I have installed on my WHM CSF, and it is blocking my ip of my clients constantly. accusing error as POP3 or SMTP, tells how wrong login, then immediately put back to work, then I unlock the client.

The problem this constant time is not working time.

Anyone have a solution for me?

Miha version of WHM: WHM 11.38.2 (build 12)

Sorry if something wrong in the writing, is that I am Brazilian, I'm not very good at English.

thank you
    Jean José Miguel

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please check to ensure the customers are using the correct username/password when accessing email. Also, you may need to modify your CSF configuration if you find it's too excessive in blocking IP addresses. More discussions on CSF occur at their forums:

Config Server - Support Forums

Thank you.

3. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

CSF/LFD simply watch the logs generated by the IMAP/POP3 daemons etc... If they're getting blocked due to failed passwords - they're using incorrect passwords.

It can be tricky - if they have 5 devices all checking the same email account and one of those devices is incorrect it can cause a block - and if all of the devices are on the same network - they all get blocked.