The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with email.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jordanmoreira57, Aug 13, 2010.

1. jordanmoreira57

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email with roundcube webmail.. But i'm receiving this message:
    "SMTP error (550): failed to add recipient "email""

Anyone can help-me ?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is only Roundcube having this issue or all all webmail (Horde and Squirrelmail as well)? If it is just Roundcube, it's possible that it could be the older Net_SMTP issue that shouldn't happen nowadays, though:

Code:
    /scripts/autorepair net_smtp_fix
    This script would fix it if that is the cause.

If all webmail clients are having the issue, it might be that CSF is blocking outgoing emails from being sent due to having SMTP_BLOCK set to 1.

If neither of those are the cause, then you would need to check /var/cpanel/roundcube/log/errors and see if there's any additional errors being logged.

3. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

I have the same roudcube problem here (only in roundcube) - and /scripts/autorepair net_smtp_fix dont fix.

The error log:

[19-Nov-2010 11:57:39 -0200]: SMTP Error: SMTP error: Failed to set sender '<xxxxxxx@DOMAIN.com.br>' in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/program/steps/mail/func.inc on line 1365 (POST /3rdparty/roundcube/index.php?_task=mail&_action=send)

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the Roundcube identity for this account after logging into Roundcube and clicking on Settings link in the upper right, then Identities tab in the center pane. If you do not see any identity set, you'd want to click the + sign at the bottom left to create it and fill out the "Display name" and "E-mail" fields for that identity. If you do see an identity set but the E-mail field is blank, you'll need to fill out the E-mail field with this email account name.