The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by m0rpheu5, Jun 15, 2011.

1. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Brazil, Curitiba/PR
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello guys, i´m getting some problems with my server about the emails, i have SPF, DomainKeys, RDNS, configured ok, and i´m getting my client´s emails to gmail, hotmail, as SPAM, to Yahoo arrives ok, but my biggest problem is with an hosting company here in Brazil, all my emails that i send, stay on the mail queue, and delay to much to be sent, almost 8 hours, and some of my clients are trying to kill me rsrsrs, when this message in on the queue and i try to deliver it now, i got this message: R=dk_lookuphost T=dk_remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host []: 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, []

but i already look for everything, i tried to test in many site my reverse and is ok, with the windows nslookup i can see my RDNS too.

Could anybody help me?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Judging from the bounce message you posted, the problem is that RDNS is not setup for How long after setting up the RDNS record did you try sending that message? For instance, on my end I do see the RDNS record setup for

[~]# host domain name pointer

However, I used a few websites that check RDNS and a couple of them showed that RDNS for was not setup as of yet. It's possible this will take a day or two before it's propagated.

Thank you.