The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with File Manager editor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRman, Mar 6, 2012.

1. TRman

TRman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I look after the website for a small classic car group and have been using the file manager editor for some years to maintain the information. In the last week or so I have been having problems with the editor. When I open a file I get a block of text in the middle of the page with white space above and below and neither the 'save changes' nor 'close' buttons work. I am using IE9 as the browser. My hosting company won't help - they say the software is provided by Cpanel and not their problem! Can anyone suggest what has happened and how I can fix it?

Many thanks

TRman

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It might be useful if you could open a file and grab a screenshot of what you see.

On top of the main File Manager page, is a link top left corner titled settings. If you click it you're given an option for UTF8 encoding. Is this checked or unchecked?

3. TRman

TRman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks. I have attached screen prints (hopefully!) of both the editor screen and also the pop up that appears when I click the settings button. Does this help?

- Attachments removed -

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    if you don't mind, do you have another browser you can try and duplicate this issue? I can't duplicate here on my end. If you can duplicate it on another browser, like firefox for example then there's an issue with the File Manager. ATM, I'm leaning toward an IE 9 issue. But, I don't have IE 9 installed to test exactly the same setup you're working with.

I'm going to remove these images for privacy reasons, thanks for posting them.

5. TRman

TRman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Many thanks. I have tried it under Firefox and it works! Looks like you are right to suspect IE9. Still intrigued to know why but at least I can get on and make the changes to my website.