The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with file manager, known issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DWHS.net, May 5, 2004.

1. DWHS.net

DWHS.net Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Here are two issues reported on the file manager that I would like to take care of. If there is a hack or if it's in the process of being fixed please let me know:

Problem with file manager
    --------------------------
    I have used your company for web hosting for a while now. I have a few accounts with you. I use your control panel to edit my sites. I have noticed a few problems with the control panel the biggest being that if a script (Java, php, etc..) uses the operator charters "&&" the control panel changes them into "&&" when the page is saved, this breaks the script. Each additional time you save the page another "&" is added to the end of the them. After awhile you end up with a line that looks like this "&&&&&&" in your code.

Problem 2 with file manager

-------------------------------------------
    Every time a page is saved in the control panel a Unix return charter is added to the end of the page after a while you have a lot of blank space at the end of the page. Its mostly just annoying and I can go back and erase it but it did break a php script I was running.
    The script called for a php cookie to be sent before all headers. Out the blue the script started giving errors saying the headers were already sent and I couldnt sent them again. I struggled for an hour checking all the settings to make sure I didn't break something. When I cleaned up the extra spaces at the end of the page in the cPanel the script started running correctly again. If at all possible could you try to fix that problem too.

Thank you,

-Charles