The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Folders under new accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azeemy, Nov 4, 2008.

1. azeemy

azeemy Registered

Hi all,

I really need help with this guys!

I have a new Dedicated Server running cPanel/WHM from Heart Internet. Everything is installed fine and I can create packages and accounts.

The domain account I created was set up fine and the user was able to log into his cPanel, create FTP accounts, and login via FTP and upload files and folders.

The problem is that all files under the user's home directory are accessible, howver, any files under a sub-directory are no accesibble and the browser throws a 500 error.

I realise this is probably a permissions problem, but have no idea how to fix the issue.!

Pleaes help!

2. JPC-Stefan

JPC-Stefan Member

SSH to your server and run:

#tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

Then open your browser and try to access your files which are giving 500 Internal Server Error. Check your SSH session window you will find the exact error log.

3. azeemy

azeemy Registered

Hi Stefan Please find my error log

Hey Stefan thanks for the swift reponse... here's what I see when I followed your instructions

[Tue Nov 04 15:58:20 2008] [alert] [client 90.206.43.36] /home/myproper/public_html/lists/.htaccess: php_flag takes two arguments, PHP Flag Modifier
    [Tue Nov 04 15:58:21 2008] [alert] [client 90.206.43.36] /home/myproper/public_html/lists/.htaccess: php_flag takes two arguments, PHP Flag Modifier, referer: http://79.170.43.179/~myproper/lists/
    [Tue Nov 04 15:58:21 2008] [error] [client 90.206.43.36] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/favicon.ico

Please Help!!!

4. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

is there a reason the PHP flags are being set?

Commenting out the "php_flag" lines in the .htaccess will stop the 500 errors