The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with FrontPage Extensions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cappi, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. cappi

    cappi Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2004
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    When users try to connect using frontpage it says the extensions are not installed. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them but I get the same error. CPanel doesn´t show any errors when installing them, and the folders are created in the accounts, but frontpage won´t recognize the extensions are installed.
    I recompiled apache, reinstalled the extension in the server, and i keep getting the same error...

    Any ideas??

    I would really appreciate all the help you can give me...

    Thanks
     
  2. amal

    amal Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2003
    Messages:
    155
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    2 Probable reasons......

    2 probable reasons....

    1. The httpd.conf may not have user entry for the domains. If none of the users are having the user entry, instead of manually adding them, simply disable SuExec and then enable it again through WHM. User group entries will becreated for all the users.

    2. The configuration files ( *.cnf ) for the domains found in /usr/local/frontpage may be having wrong ownership. Change the ownership of the domain to that of the user that owns that domain instead of root.

    Hope, your issue is sorted out. :)

    Amal.
     
  3. griz

    griz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2001
    Messages:
    47
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I just encountered this too. The reseller had previously set up the domain using a different username, and httpd.conf still had an entry for it.

    Once I removed the old httpd.conf entry, and set the account up from scratch, it published fine.

    Griz
     
  4. SageBrian

    SageBrian Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2002
    Messages:
    415
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    NY/CT (US)
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recently had this issue also. Or at least a similar one.

    The ownership on the account was of a now non-existing account. I changed ownership of all improperly 'owned' accounts to a valid reseller name (or root in one case) and all works fine now.

    at least... I think so. :)
     
  5. beekeeper

    beekeeper Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2003
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    My httpd.conf file was fine but there were some weird ownerships in the /usr/local/frontpage directory.

    I also had some clients who swore that they could not connect using FP even though I could anytime I tried to connect. I found that uninstalling and then reinstalling FP through WHM fixed the issue. Weird but worth a try when you have run out of options.
     
Loading...

Share This Page