The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with java/CGI uploader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natedog550, Oct 19, 2007.

1. natedog550

natedog550 Registered

I just recently moved all of my files from a VPS over to a dedicated server.

Software specs from VPS:
    Apache/2.0.52
    PHP 5.2.1
    perl v5.8.8

New Dedicated Server with cPanel:
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-S16999 (just upgraded to RELEASE today with apache2 to try and fix this problem)
    Apache/2.0.61 - (before i upgraded i was building with suExec and the su for PHP - now I'm using UniqueId and mod security and suPHP)
    PHP 5.2.1
    perl v5.8.8

I have a java file uploader called: Rad Upload Plus. This uploader accepts drag/drop then uploads to my CGI script. It's an applet BTW - not a server side script.

I moved from the VPS server because it was slow as christmas - and so far this dedicated is way faster except it's doing something wierd with my uploader.

Here's what I mean.

I drop a little 200k file onto the uploader and hit send. It jumps from 0-100% instantly - that's normal of course because of a small file. But then it sits at 100% and hangs.

I check the /tmp directory and there is a CGItemp#### file in there - again normal.

Then i check the folder where the CGI script sends the files to. And the file that was uploaded is in there. But it just sits there at 100%.

No errors in the apache error log or system logs anywhere.

I did a tail -f on the two binary files. Both ending in the same garbled code - and it's not writing any more data on either file.

Watching top there is no httpd, or perl etc process using CPU. Then all of a sudden it redirects to the page i have set for redirect and I see a quick blirp in top from httpd and CGI when my scripts sends out the email notification.

The wierd thing is this is the same script I was using from the VPS which was also running the apache web server.

The first thing that came to mind is maybe the security modules for php and apache?

I dunno - i've been messing with this thing for the past 2 days and for the life of me I figure out what's causing it to hang like that. I've tried multiple browsers from macs and PCs - same symptom.

I appreciate your time and help.

Thanks.

--
    Nathan

2. natedog550

natedog550 Registered

Bah...

I figured it out.

Not to make this long and drawn out. I am using a perl script sendEmail to send the e-mail notifications at the end of my upload.cgi script. It's sending to and from a domain that's setup in the server's DNS records but that domain is at Godaddy and is not yet pointing to this server because this server is new and and the name server stuff hasn't completely populated. So it's all confused - I noticed the hang in the exim log when it's looking up the host.

Thanks.

--
    Nathan