Nathan Platt

Registered
Dec 19, 2018
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Everyone,

I'm running my own servers and recently upgraded all my equipment, as part of this we deployed NAT using a 10.x.x.x range internally and then 31.x.x.x externally.

Everything is behind a firewall and i use a Virtual IP to pass the public to the private IP, i have been noticing recently that sometimes Plugins in wordpress detect the internal IP and not the external IP.

cPanel is in NAT mode btw

Any ideas of where i can start with this?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Nathan Platt,

Can you provide some more information about the behavior you notice or the entries in Apache or PHP error logs when the WordPress plugins detect the internal IP address? Is this only noticeable on specific WordPress plugins?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Nathan Platt,

It would help to know the specific PHP code from the WordPress plugin that's detecting the NAT address. With that information, we can better understand which configuration file on the cPanel & WHM server it's detecting the internal IP address from. Do you have the name of a specific WordPress plugin where this happens?

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Nathan Platt,

Can you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look at your system and verify the NAT configuration is setup properly? You can post the ticket number here and we'll link this thread to it.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Nathan Platt,

To update, our Technical Analysts were unable to find any issues with the NAT configuration on the cPanel & WHM side of things. The advice provided was to get in touch with the WHMCS support team to see if there's a setting or function in WHMCS that's leading to the detection of the NAT IP.

Let us know how it turns out once you contact WHMCS.

Thank you.