The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with reseller NS entries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoftDux, Mar 6, 2007.

1. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi all

I hope someone could shed some light on this one, since I didn't see anyone else in the forum ask it before.

I have a VPS, with my own clients, and then 2 reseller account on.

Now, here's the problem. I have setup 4 nameserver entries on the VPS, but the reseller accounts only use 2 nameserver entries.

The problem is, whenever they register domains, the domain registrar system can see that the domain in question uses 4 nameserver entries (the reseller's 2, and then the last two from the VPS), and this causes two problems

1. It's not totally transparent, and they don't want their clients to see anything related to us
    2. Some registrars use an email template to setup the domain, and the reseller only specifies his nameservers, and he then get's an error.

Can someone please help me with this? How do I get the reseller only to use his nameserver entries when creating new accounts?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

In the reseller center, you have the option to setup a resellers name servers and IP addresses assigned to them.

3. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I know, and the reseller has two nameservers & IP's setup, but since the VPS has 4 nameservers setup, it "fills in the two extra slots", even though nothing has been specified in the resellers centre