The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Process killed for no reason

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jkusar, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jkusar

jkusar Registered

I am trying to set up an Apache2 process to run alongside my Apache1.3. I have a second IP on the box that Apache2 attaches to. Apache1.3 only attaches to the primary IP. However, every ten minutes, something kills the Apache2 processes. The Apache2 logs just show that it received a SIGTERM and is shutting down. I checked and there are no cron jobs scheduled that could do it.

Is there anything else that "controls" processes that might be shutting them down? Is there a way to configure cpanel to ignore the apache2 processes all together?

Thanks,
    --Jason

2. HostMerit

HostMerit Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Maybe chkservd... You can disable it if you'd like - Also maybe change the location of the apache 2 directory, if its at /etc/httpd or /usr/local/apache...

3. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

i tried this about a year ago if I remember correctly and if memory serves ..it was the background process killer or something to that nature. it sees something taking over port 80 and treats it as imposter or something. I might be wrong but I never managed to get it to work. I gave up.