The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processor usage at 9.50

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rghigliazza, Feb 27, 2002.

1. rghigliazza

rghigliazza Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi, i dont know why, but since the last update, my DUAL piii server shows in WHM more than 5.00 processor ussage all the time, and everything works bad...

Also, i have more than 259 processes, and another 250 sleepping..

any ideas?

Ricardo

2. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

Login to SSH and type top. That will give you some idea of what's going on.

3. rghigliazza

rghigliazza Member
    PartnerNOC

there are only lots of http process and cppop processes...

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:7732fa53e7][i:7732fa53e7]Originally posted by rghigliazza[/i:7732fa53e7]

there are only lots of http process and cppop processes...[/quote:7732fa53e7]

Looks like your just have a lot of active customers .. you might want to check your system cpu % in top

5. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

I would analyze your domlog sizes for clues as to which sites are hitting extra hard recently though that is not always a direct corollation- keep close tabs on bandwidth usage within WHmanager, and bandmin may help reveal some more.

Obviously a netstat will tell you which IPs are being requested the most via port 80, if there are some uniquely bound apache sites that are turning monstrous.

6. rghigliazza

rghigliazza Member
    PartnerNOC

i found the problem is CPPOP

The problem is CPPOP, if i filter out the 110 port on the firewall, everything backs to normal.

Anyway, it appears, that the CPPOP deamon is takin too much resources, than in other servers.

7. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:ae7f0181a4][i:ae7f0181a4]Originally posted by rghigliazza[/i:ae7f0181a4]

The problem is CPPOP, if i filter out the 110 port on the firewall, everything backs to normal.

Anyway, it appears, that the CPPOP deamon is takin too much resources, than in other servers.[/quote:ae7f0181a4]

Thats usually due to a user having a VERY large mail spool and checking it all the time...