The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

professional disk recovery service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soheil, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

Hello guys,
    Just had a crash!
    replaces the hard drive with a new one and the old one is in the system as slave.

Unfortunately when I try to mount it to get my data off the drive, it gives me the follwoing error:

mount -t ext3 /dev/hdc3 /old
    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc3,
    or too many mounted file systems

I have been reading a lot of details on how to solve the problem but can not find a good solution or one I am comfortable performing myself.

Does anyone know of a professional service which can remotely diagnose and fix the problem?

Thanks

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Can you seek help from your Data Center? It is very simple to mount the old HD and then resotre your data.

3. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

Actually my data center staff (EV1) have been working on it for 3 days, but the problem is that the disk seems to be bad and does not get mounted, and they do not offer such level of support.

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I have seen several clients with real bad HDs and couldn't do any thing to either mount and/or access the data. There are some excellent technicians working with EV1. Ask for a different technician to examine your HD.

5. casey

casey Well-Known Member

You might consider moving to a different data center afterwards. I have been terribly disappointed in EV1's level of service. They are so big now they can't be bothered to help their minor customers. A simple task like changing contact details involves months of hassle and several long distance phone calls. I was shocked when I tried to change my contact details and was unable to successfully do so after sending several international faxes and begging them to do it. Every time I had troubles with the server they were slow in dealing with it and rarely came up with a solution.