The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ProFTPD 1.2.8 available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alwaysweb, Apr 20, 2003.

1. alwaysweb

alwaysweb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just an FYI that ProFTPD 1.2.8 is out...

http://www.proftpd.org

What I particuarly like is the MaxStoreFileSize directive, to keep those bandwidth spiking .wmv's and .mpg's at bay. ;)

Thanks Nick. ;)

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

With all the whiners out there, it might be best to hold off on an update till the next version hits the street.. after all.. nobody would want to fix things they should be fixing.. that would just make for a non lazy sys admin and we can't have that now can we?

I'd like to see the upgrade myself, just don't want to see all the threads with people crying about how "the proftpd upgrade ate my homework". :rolleyes: :D

3. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I don't get what you're trying to say.

If you claim to be a non lazy admin, then why don't you just go ahead and upgrade instead of waiting for CPanel to do it for you?

If I understand correctly you would prefer untested upgrades (including potential problems for all your clients on the server and having to fix problems while the support tickets are pooring in) over tested upgrades which will be released a week or so later and limiting the risk of any problems and downtime on your server?

Interesting philosophy for a sysadmin running a production server! :confused: