The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper way to whitelist addresses on CP11

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Skie, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Skie

Skie Active Member

I'm looking for a way to globally whitelist email addresses with the new way that SpamAssassin is used. While doing so, I found a file at /usr/share/spamassassin/60_whitelist.cf which states to not edit it, but directs me to a file at /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf. Now, is this the proper way of adding to a whitelist? Or is there a way to do so via WHM? If this file is the one to edit, then is this the proper line to add for whitelisting an address?

Code:
    def_whitelist_from_rcvd  *@example.com                           example.com

or

def_whitelist_from_rcvd  someone@example.com                     example.com

2. Bailey

Bailey Well-Known Member

In lieu of another answer (in other words, I don't know how to do exactly what you asked), I can offer you this:

If you have Chirpy's Mailscanner installed, it comes with a Whitelist capability in each user's cPanel. The web-based front-end which enables each domain to manage their spam settings, whitelists and blacklists is a ConfigServer exclusive. IMO it is one of the compelling reasons to install it ... other than the fact their system catches TONS more spam than the built-in SA that cPanel has. :)

Get it here.

Well worth every penny.

:D Bailey

3. Skie

Skie Active Member

I was actually thinking about installing this, but then CPanel apparently changed how everything seems to work in CP11 (SpamAssassin, exim's config file and how it filters, etc). Do you know if there are any conflicts because of these changes?