Proper way to whitelist addresses on CP11

Skie

Mar 27, 2003
I'm looking for a way to globally whitelist email addresses with the new way that SpamAssassin is used. While doing so, I found a file at /usr/share/spamassassin/60_whitelist.cf which states to not edit it, but directs me to a file at /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf. Now, is this the proper way of adding to a whitelist? Or is there a way to do so via WHM? If this file is the one to edit, then is this the proper line to add for whitelisting an address?

Code:
def_whitelist_from_rcvd  *@example.com                           example.com

or

def_whitelist_from_rcvd  [email protected]                     example.com

Bailey

Aug 12, 2001
Wisconsin
In lieu of another answer (in other words, I don't know how to do exactly what you asked), I can offer you this:

If you have Chirpy's Mailscanner installed, it comes with a Whitelist capability in each user's cPanel. The web-based front-end which enables each domain to manage their spam settings, whitelists and blacklists is a ConfigServer exclusive. IMO it is one of the compelling reasons to install it ... other than the fact their system catches TONS more spam than the built-in SA that cPanel has. :)

Get it here.

Well worth every penny.

:D Bailey

Skie

Mar 27, 2003
I was actually thinking about installing this, but then CPanel apparently changed how everything seems to work in CP11 (SpamAssassin, exim's config file and how it filters, etc). Do you know if there are any conflicts because of these changes?