The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Provisioning email on separate server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by frupert, Feb 6, 2010.

1. frupert

frupert Registered

Hi Everyone,

I have seen some providers setup their servers so that mail is provisioned on another server. Some use a mail cluster that all servers use, and some use one additional server per hosting server. Basically all they are doing is telling cPanel to provision the mail on server X, and setting the zone file templates to point to server X for the mail by default.

Everything works exactly the same for the end user, and you still manage and create accounts through the normal cPanel interface.

I would like to do this as data is expensive here in Australia, so I want to offer services where the site is hosted here in Aus, but the mail is in the US, where data is dirt cheap.

Does anyone have any guidance they can give?

Cheers.

2. Mo9a7i

Mo9a7i Registered

I'm interested in the same thing but not for the same reason

the reason is I'm suffering from clients who have large forums with thousands of members and they email them newsletters and stuff then exim goes nuts and loads the server
    i wanna get one server to handle mailing requests so that if it explodes. my hosting stays the same