The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

public access to file via wordpress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ognyang, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ognyang

ognyang Registered

Dec 26, 2009
    Hello everybody!

I have a problem (it`s obvious :D)
    So i want to put my logo on my website.
    I am uploading my jpeg file to my server but how can i get the real link to this file so i can put the logo to my site? (there is a box where i have to put the image url)

I tried to take the link from the cpanel file manager but where someone is accessing the main site he has to log in to see the logo.

I`m not familiar with this cpanel and wordpress. :)

Thanks in advance! :)
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should be asking your host for assistance with this, I'm sure they can help.

Short of that, say your homepage is called index.html and you add an image to it, you might either place that image in the same directory as the index.html or, you might want to keep things organized by placing it in a directory named images.

But, you mentioned wordpress, so we have to assume you're using a theme thats in a theme directory in your wordpress installation. You could try right clicking the image then choose properties to find the path to the logo image, (, for example)

Or try editing the theme template from your wordpress admin panel and find the path to header image that way.

Any way you do it, this isn't a cPanel problem you have here. If you're using the cPanel File Manager to upload images, take note where you uploaded it. If you uploaded it to the public_html directory, that image is located here:

GL with your new site! ;)
  3. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2008
    If you would like to display your logo in your wordpress then you will have to edit the header.php file of your selected theme by login to your admin panel and need to change the logo path to where you have uploaded your logo.