The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

public ftp issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMichael, May 29, 2005.

1. JMichael

JMichael Registered

Hi,

when I go to ftp.domain.com it works fine on one of my servers, but when I go to a domain on my other server I get this message (you can find it attached on this msg).

How can I make it work so that when they login there it doesnt ask for any passwords, just lets them in to upload into the incoming folder?

Thanks, any quick help would be appreciated I have a client that needs to get me a couple 200 mb files and this is really the only way for him to get it to me as I dont want to release my other domain to him.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

2. John Michael

John Michael Registered

anyone? please?

3. ehpmahesh

ehpmahesh Well-Known Member

Hi,
    You are getting this error because anoymous FTP is blocked on your second server. Please remove this entry and then try it will work

4. John Michael

John Michael Registered

How do I unblock it?

Is it a setting in CPanel? In the FTP Configuration section the Anonymous FTP is enabled and on the domain its enabled also.

Thank you so much for your reply, and your help! It is much appreciated!

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It shows from the screenshot that you're using TLS (i.e. FTP over SSL). Do you have an SPI direwall installed, such as APF? If so, unless you effectively disable the SPI part by specifying an ephermeral port range and configuring it in the FTP server it will not work as by a twist of design FTP over SSL does not work with SPI firewalls.

If this is not your server, then you'd have to discuss that with your hosting provider, or try using non-TLS FTP instead.