The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pure-FTP Configuration Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justin22, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Hey everyone. I was playing around last night, trying to get webmin working, with CPanel/WHM. I like webmin & whm combo because webmin has a lot of "root" features cpanel/whm doesnt have. So the combo is pretty powerful. Like for 1 it can edit roots crontab. Thats just 1. Well il get to the point. I want to be able to edit all FTP accounts on the server. So i tried setting up the pure-ftpd module. But i cant find a few of the files. They are:

pureftpd.passwd -

And the main configuration file.

I would be very very happy if someone could help me out here. Then the ultimate server would be complete :D

2. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Wow replies are normally ages faster....

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No replies probably because you're trying to do something which doesn't make a great deal of sense. You have cPanel to manage FTP accounts within cPanel. I doubt you'd easily be able to use webmin since cPanel uses its own authentication script to allow for virtual accounts (if you follow all the way through the pure-ftpd configuration files you can find it) and so webmin is unlikely to be of any help.

4. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Ah Right

Dont mind my dumb questions :) , im sortive new at this ;)