Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Pure-FTP Configuration Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justin22, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Hey everyone. I was playing around last night, trying to get webmin working, with CPanel/WHM. I like webmin & whm combo because webmin has a lot of "root" features cpanel/whm doesnt have. So the combo is pretty powerful. Like for 1 it can edit roots crontab. Thats just 1. Well il get to the point. I want to be able to edit all FTP accounts on the server. So i tried setting up the pure-ftpd module. But i cant find a few of the files. They are:

pureftpd.passwd -

And the main configuration file.

I would be very very happy if someone could help me out here. Then the ultimate server would be complete :D

2. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Wow replies are normally ages faster....

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No replies probably because you're trying to do something which doesn't make a great deal of sense. You have cPanel to manage FTP accounts within cPanel. I doubt you'd easily be able to use webmin since cPanel uses its own authentication script to allow for virtual accounts (if you follow all the way through the pure-ftpd configuration files you can find it) and so webmin is unlikely to be of any help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Ah Right

Dont mind my dumb questions :) , im sortive new at this ;)