The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pure-ftp problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lastprotocol, Feb 10, 2006.

1. lastprotocol

lastprotocol Registered

Firstly, if this is in the wrong forum area I am sorry.

OK, I've posted this as a support ticket to my host as well, but just in case they are running slow I thought I'd see if any other users have had/are having the same problem........

I have an application which uses ftp to remotely backup files which have been zipped first (currently in excess of 50mb per zip file but will vary between next to nothing and over 100mb).

When I try and ftp up those files they fail to upload correctly, failing part way through - I have tried with passive mode on and off.

I have also tried using a standard (WS_FTP, Core FTP and Flash FXP) ftp client to upload and notice that files (43mb in the example) upload for approx 1mb (45secs on my connection) and then disconnect/reset, has to reconnect and then recommence from the last point - this cannot be right surely? Am I missing some setting or other? I know I am only on a 26kb upload / 2mb download but logic to me says that the connection should stay until the upload is finished.

As I am trying to use this as a demo for a business venture (off site remote storage) I am keen to ensure that it runs flawlessly - the application itself works fine and has been tested uploading to other servers without any problems - so this leads me to believe that there is something I am missing regarding the ftp setup on HG - I am using Pure-ftp.

Help is needed - I am waiting to send information out to over 200 prospective clients and I dont want them saying that the first backup they do failed!

Thanks

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're an end-user you'll need to speak to your web hosting provider.

If you're the server admin - do you have an iptables firewall enabled? If so, have you tried stopping it and clearing out iptables and testing again?

3. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

Having the same problem here. Pure FTPD is running extremely slow (12 to 20 k).

I have tried flushing iptables and it did not help much!

Hedge

4. demine0

demine0 Well-Known Member

Im having the same exact issue. Happens on phpmyadmin imports as well.

5. gems3125

gems3125 Registered

I use Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional ver. 2006 and this works perfectly with cPan ftp transfers.
    The Standard version does NOT have the required drivers. You need to use the Professional
    Ipswitch WS_FTP Software to get around those problems...
    Hope this helps... ;)