The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pure-ftpd advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ike, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ike

ike Well-Known Member

Hi, i notice after looking in the changelog that pureftpd has a problem with it restarting the server. it happens every few minutes and is driving me crazy but i was really happy to find that the issue had been fixed in the edge version. i was wondering how i would go about implementing....

Pure-FTPd updated to 1.0.21-9tls
    Removed unnecessary call to /scripts/restartsrv
    Force 0 exit status in postinstall scriptlet

in my stable version i run now. i changed all my update config to never except for ftp and updated it but it only installed...

This is the pure-ftpd 1.0.21 installer release number 7.tls for platform centos 5.2

i was just basically wondering how i could go implementing the "Removed unnecessary call to /scripts/restartsrv " from my cPanel 11.24.4-S33345 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9 CENTOS 5.2 i686 on standard server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    tnx in advance

2. agentblack

agentblack Well-Known Member

i had a problem like this just a few months back, but it involved the cpsrvd service. It would crash, the system would restart it, then it would crash again. Rinse, leather, repeat. And eventually it crippled my entire VPS node.

What I had to do, was roll back to 11.23 in order to resolve the issue. You may try rolling back, and changing your update cpanel service to STABLE and not RELEASE.

Hope this helps!

James