The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pure-ftpd and downloading of generated backups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Steel, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Blue Steel

Blue Steel Active Member

Hi,

when i was using pro-ftpd i was able to d/load cpanels backups...

however since changing top pure-ftpd the backups arn't even visable to the ftp client.. they are there when i look using shell.. but not ftp ...

why would changing ftp server do this.. and what do i do to be able to d/load these backups

all my clients can't access their cpanel backups since i changed ftp server..

please help.. URGENT

Please update cpanel's build / update for pure-ftpd to suooprt --with-largefile

#1 Blue Steel, Jul 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  2. Blue Steel

Blue Steel Active Member

Question is there a size limit for pure-ftpd... if so how do i get around that... as the backups are generally over 2.5gb

3. Blue Steel

Blue Steel Active Member

Solved: I downloaded the latest source for pure-ftpd and recongigured and compiled it using --with-largefile

can this be added into when cpanel set it up please.. or i'm going to have to do then when ever cpanel does its updates

4. stocosoft

stocosoft Active Member

Modified config file

Thanks for the info re: "they are there when i look using shell.. but not ftp ..."

I went into the pure-ftpd.config (through SSH) file and modified the "LimitRecursion" entry to accommodate our user' needs. simple mod on our part, restarted ftp service and everything works great.

best to all