pure-ftpd anonymous access help!

DigiCrime

Nov 27, 2002
Im running proftpd but I want to switch to pure-ftpd, but with proftpd I can setup which accounts have anonymous ftp access by editing the conf file. Can I do this pure-ftpd in a similar way? im trying to find documentation on it, all im finding is if I enable it, im allowing anonymous access to all accounts and not just one particular one

ThunderHostingDotCom

Nov 18, 2002
All over!
Originally posted by DigiCrime
Im running proftpd but I want to switch to pure-ftpd, but with proftpd I can setup which accounts have anonymous ftp access by editing the conf file. Can I do this pure-ftpd in a similar way? im trying to find documentation on it, all im finding is if I enable it, im allowing anonymous access to all accounts and not just one particular one

Did you find the answer to this yet?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

DigiCrime

Nov 27, 2002
nope but im used to it around here, nine out of ten questions i ask go unanswered

ThunderHostingDotCom

Nov 18, 2002
All over!
nope but im used to it around here, nine out of ten questions i ask go unanswered

That's unfortunite! I have the same problem every once in a while. Maybe we should boycot them & then they will learn to give better customer service & support for their product. On the flip side, when I do get a responce (from a ticket being submitted) they are nice people even though it may take days to get the problem fixed. I don't know if they are short staffed or what but I am sure we are not the only ones complaining.

DigiCrime

Nov 27, 2002
I stick to DC forums (datacenters, like nac, rackshack, mchost) like those, i may not be one of their customers, I am at one of them, but I find better help there and i share what I know there, cpanel forums just, suck entirely so i gave up mostly from this place

ThunderHostingDotCom

Nov 18, 2002
All over!
I stick to DC forums (datacenters, like nac, rackshack, mchost) like those, i may not be one of their customers, I am at one of them, but I find better help there and i share what I know there, cpanel forums just, suck entirely so i gave up mostly from this place

I like that idea. I found the same thing with PHP-Nuke. I use nukecops.com because nukesupport has too long of a responce time. Can you do me a favor & give me a list of the URLs that you feel are the best forums for cPanel support? Thanks.