The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pure-ftpd, chroot and more

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRicciardi, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TRicciardi

TRicciardi Registered

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, maybe this has been asked before, but i can't seem to find it with the search..

I want to create a unique ftp account on my server, disconnected from the hosting accounts, but with access to all files and folders inside /home folder..
    Something in the lines of a root user, but being that chroot is set to /home instead of /home/site/..

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks,
    Tiago Ricciardi

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Probably - but you'd severely risk the security of your server in doing so, it would be quite a bad idea.

3. TRicciardi

TRicciardi Registered

by security risk u mean if anyone gets access to that ftp account right?
    Well the account should be for internal use, since we create and maintain the sites hosted on our server.
    Since we have access to all accounts, i really don't see that as a bigger threat.. and it makes the changing of password quite faster when needed (modifying 80 or so ftp accounts takes some time)

Another good solution, would be an ftp account at each hosting account, wich is the way it is set at the moment, is there any script/add on for the server that allows me to change multiple ftp passwords at once?

Tiago Ricciardi