The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PureFTP FTP transfer limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeekPatrolMille, Jul 17, 2008.

1. GeekPatrolMille

GeekPatrolMille Well-Known Member

I have been looking for an answer to this for a while and am coming up short. I have one server that has a customer that requires huge ftp transfers. They get about 1GB into an upload or download and the system aborts the transfer and then blocks them in the firewall. I am in serious hurt to keep this client happy. Can anyone make any suggestions on where to look to resolve this particular issue.

Thanks in advance,
    -greg

2. Serra

Serra Well-Known Member

Without details, like what type of firewall, I'd guess that it is a processor usage issue. The system see the user using a ton of time and kills the process. Look at your firewall log and see why they are being blocked.

Also, are they using an ftp program or some script?

3. GeekPatrolMille

GeekPatrolMille Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply...

I think I have narrowed it down to the csf+lfd firewall I had installed. lfd is actually showing the number of connections from a particular IP is too many and thus blocking them for 15 minutes.

Wed Jul 16 08:49:42 2008 lfd: (CT) IP ip.ip.ip.ip found to have 389 connections - *Blocked in csf* for 1800 secs

My next task is to figure out how to edit the lfd or csf config files to continue checking for POP floods but not FTP.

Any Ideas..?

Thanks,
    -greg