The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PureFTP problems!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BianchiDude, Sep 1, 2005.

1. BianchiDude

BianchiDude Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Everyday I get serveral tickets such as:
    question: I am trying to upload some important files that we need to host temporarily to get a server running and your FTP keeps erroring out. We should have 200 meg or so free so i don't know if your disk is full or what but i have tried numerous times to upoload to a sub-FTP (named x64) account with no luck. All i keep getting is broken downloads with remains left over looking like ".pureftpd-upload.431681f8.15.1f2c.6c2c6593" which are eating up space but not doing any good b/c i can't resume on those files either. What's up??

Why does it say disk full, neither the client nor my server is full, who do I get that error?

What the deal with these files: .pureftpd-upload.431681f8.15.1f2c.6c2c6593 why do they keep accumlating?

Is everyone else having this problem?

2. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Did you ever resolve this?

3. rapidfire911

rapidfire911 Active Member

Problem happened to me when I was uploading a tar file. A .pureftp file was made almost the same size as the tar file I was uploading. Anyone have any ideas.

Randy
    ChiHost.com Technician

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That's how pure-ftpd works. When you upload a file it creates it with a temporary extension until it is completely uploaded and then renames it appropriately. If they FTP transfer is interupted then it will be left behind and you need to clean it up yourself.

As to the cause of dropouts. Could be a multitude of sins from bad network connections to the server firewall script (esp if it's APF).