rajanichand

Mar 17, 2004
India
i wonder if anyone knows how to implement anonymous ftp using PureFtp. I have read somewhere that PureFtp supports anonymous ftp even for users who don't have a dedicated ip. This is what actually i want to know. I was using ProFtp and not familar with PureFtp, but just want to switch to PureFtp as I am interested in the concept of "anonymous ftp for shared ips".

Thanks in advance. ;)

amal

Nov 22, 2003
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Solution

Hi,

Just open the WHM, click on FTP Configuration --> Switch to PureFTP --> and then click on Enable Anonymous FTP. It'll work fine for you. :)

Amal.

Sheldon

Jun 7, 2004
Canada
ok I have a question (I already knew the latter part) I weigh my decission on mostly security, next is system resource usage.

I was wondering how people have gone or chosen to go with on their server? And for what reasons..

Of course cPanel gives you some info about them, their pro's and cons and such. But I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Sheldon

JC

Nov 6, 2002
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you get it working please let us know :-(
There are many threads around here regarding those IPless anon FTP using Pure-ftp.
Seems it doesn't work
[email protected]
just gives you a 530 error saying the login is incorrect

rajanichand

Mar 17, 2004
India
Yes guys, I am also getting the same problem. I am not so sure about the backend configuration of PureFTP. I tried but cannot make anonymous ftp work for non dedicated ips. For the time being I have also switched back to ProFtp. But still searching for a solution for this.. :rolleyes: