The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PureFTPd clarification and solution needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benison, Oct 22, 2007.

1. benison

benison Registered

Hi guys, need some help and I was hoping someone could shed some light here.

What does the below mean? The number of CUTEFTP connecting, am I correct.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Maximum number of simultaneous users

MaxClientsNumber 50
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does the below mean? Is it the number of 8 CUTEFTP connections in 1 IP.
    # Maximum number of sim clients with the same IP address

MaxClientsPerIP 8

What does the below mean? Is this multi-threaded per ftp user or basically how many connect can a ftp user connect at once (session)
    # Per-user concurrency limits. It will only work if the FTP server has
    # been compiled with --with-peruserlimits (and this is the case on
    # most binary distributions) .
    # The format is : <max sessions per user>:<max anonymous sessions>
    # For instance, 3:20 means that the same authenticated user can have 3 active
    # sessions max. And there are 20 anonymous sessions max.

# PerUserLimits 3:20

Basically I'm trying to setup this. Able to allow user to download files in multi-threaded for faster downloads and to avoid 421 error connection. When a FTP user for example john@testing.com is downloading files with multi-threaded, no one else can use the same username to access or download (to deter ftp sharing and multiple logins)

Tue Oct 23 03:16:24 2007 220-You are user number 36 of 75 allowed. - Theres only 5 ftp user, but theres like 36 user using?? I'm using flashget to access ftp. Confuse.

Hope you guys understand what I mean.

#1 benison, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007