The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PureFtpd COnfiguration file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ne0shell, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

DId the location of the actual configuration file cPanel uses for each shell change? I searched the forums and found the standard pure-ftpd.conf located in /etc but editing that file doe not affect the actual ftp accounts at all. I need to enable more per ip connections and tweak security a bit.
    thanks,
    neoshell

2. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

not to be a dick but seriously, does cPanel tech support browse the forums at all? Like most mpeople I get my cPanel through my provider which means i have to get tech support from them as well and they just don't know the answers. Ive asked maybe 5 tech questions and had 1 answer so far. Can anyone point me to some viable support for cPanel?

3. Hoss

Hoss Active Member

4. Wojjie

Wojjie Member

Probably a bit late, but I had the same problem, took me 15 mins to figure it out. Hopefully I will save someone else those 15 mins be saying this:

/etc/sysconfig/pure-ftpd

If you are having the above mentioned problem, then try modifying the 'command line option' config file. In my case, I needed to specify the ports for passive mode (-p [from]:[to])