The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PureFTPD problem...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x-man, Jun 15, 2005.

1. x-man

x-man Well-Known Member

When I want use FTP on my server in last time this is big problem, I must wait too much time to see content of folder, every time process stop on line:

150 Accepted data connection

and I must wait few minutes!!

I don`t know what can be problem, all work fine before few days and now I force renistall and that don`t help!

Somebody know what can be problem?

Also, I can`t find pure ftpd logs, please path :(

Thanks.

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

By default...pure-ftpd creates log in /usr/local/apache/domlogs/ for every domain individualy.........u can set some another log location by editing pure-ftpd.conf changing the Altlog directive to specify a log location..or uncomment the following line to get log details at /var/log/pureftpd.log if it is commented.

# AltLog stats:/var/log/pureftpd.log

3. kdr

kdr Registered

Hi x-man,

Have you changed any settings in your ftp client?

My daughter changed an option in smart ftp one day, it was something to do with recursive directory listing, and the program would just sit there and say it was downloading so many MB's of files. She thought there was something wrong with the website, but when I asked her if she'd made any changes in the ftp client, she remembered, and changed it back and everything worked fine again.
    (Our websites that she was trying to connect to has thousands of sudirectories.)

Hope this helps,
    Karen

4. x-man

x-man Well-Known Member

Now work fine without changes :)

I think problem is in 100% used connection to server in that moment, my server can use max 10Mbit/s and in that moment that is 100% used :) but I don`t know why that can be problem because I can open pages and all other work, load is under 1....

Thanks.