The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put subdomain in another server (reseller hosting), what domain i put in or

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by basketmen, Sep 6, 2012.

1. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I want to put some subdomain.mydomain.com in another server

i understand in current server, in WHM > Edit DNS Zone > mydomain.com > i just need to add A record like
    subdomain A 222.222.222.222(another server IP)

before that, i need to set the another server first, so i want to order a reseller hosting for the another server.
    My question is what domain i need to put in the order form? Is it ok still put mydomain.com?

Because i tried put subdomain.mydomain.com but its says not valid domain. Its standart hosting order form, using WHMCS

and what nameserver i need to use in the another server WHM later > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup > Nameservers, is it still ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com like current server use? Where i need to create the nameserver for the another server?

please help, this should be easy if you have done it before

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Put subdomain in another server (reseller hosting), what domain i put i

Hello :)

You should create the account on the destination server using the subdomain itself. Please consult with the support of that hosting company to let them know the account needs to be created as a subdomain.

You will not have to modify the name servers. If a field is requesting your name servers, simply enter the ones you are already using for the primary domain name.

Thank you.

3. pwhjenny

pwhjenny Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Put subdomain in another server (reseller hosting), what domain i put i

You can use your primary domain in the order form. Your account will be setup as the primary domain just do not change nameservers to your new server nameservers so your primary domain will remain hosted on the old server. After your account is ready on new server, just create the subdomain and change A record to the corresponding IP in old server. You are done!